Monday, November 17, 2008

Dell Media Direct and Outlook 2007 Issue

I purchased Dell XPS M1530 a month ago. To my surprise I found that I could not see my email in the Preview Pane of the outlook when I clicked any item in the Outlook folders. After spending several days trying to trouble shoot the issue I ran into a blog that had a fix. The fix was to uninstall Dell Media Direct.

For some reason, Dell Media Direct causes the Outlook Preview in the preview pane to malfunction. After uninstalling Dell Media Direct, the preview works fine.

I contacted Dell and they have not been able to provide a solution that will resolve the issue.

Now, the issue with not having Dell Media Direct is that I cannot watch any movies on my Blue Ray DVD player, since it needs a decoder to play the Blue Ray DVDs.

Hope this blog helps people who are experiencing similar issue like above.

1 comment:

  1. Finally I got a solution from Dell regarding the Dell Media Direct and Outlook 2007.
    After installing Dell Media Direct do the following:
    1. Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\OLAddin
    2. Run the MSI file C:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\OLAddin\OLAddin.msi
    The next screen should give you an option to either Repair or Remove the OutlookAddin. Choose to remove the addin. The problem should now be fixed.

    ReplyDelete